What was discussed
• ASTM Vol. 03.03, Nondestructive Testing, E 543, “Standard Specification for Agencies Performing Nondestructive Testing” covers minimum requirements for agencies performing the Nondestructive examination. The practice is applicable wherever systematic assessments of the competence of a nondestructive examination agency by a user or other party are desired. The specification states that “the authority (owner, engineer, architect, contractor, purchaser) may, at its discretion, inspect the procedures, equipment, and personnel program of the agency.” ASTM E1212 and E1359- presents a practice for “Establishment and Maintenance of Quality Control Systems for Nondestructive Testing Agencies.” When using these practices to assess the capability of, or to accredit NDE agencies, ASTM Guide E 1359, “Standard Guide for Evaluating Capabilities of Nondestructive Testing Agencies” can be used. This guide establishes areas for review and provides a survey form that can be used in determining the competence of a nondestructive examination agency as well
• The New ASNT Employer-Based Certification Program
• An ASNT program that ensures NDT Service Providers and Inspection Agencies meet the minimum compliance with either SNT-TC-1A or CP-189 through the employer’s Written Practice
• ASNT (ISQ) Industry Sector Qualification-The purpose of the ISQ program is to provide the oil and gas industry with NDT personnel who have demonstrated competency in the practical application of a specific technique through hands-on performance demonstration qualification examinations.
• Links to relevant sources
https://www.asianweldingspecialist.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Snyder-Feature-IT-Winter-0auditingNDTagencies-002.pdf Guidelines for Auditing NDE Agencies
https://www.asnt.org/MajorSiteSections/Accreditation/EBC_Program.aspx https://www.asnt.org/MajorSiteSections/About/ASNT_News/2020/ASNT_Launches_New_Accreditation_Program_for_NDT_Companies.aspx https://www.asnt.org/MajorSiteSections/Certification/ISQ.aspx
Welding-NDT-Quality Guru Podcast
Thank you for listening to this episode. If you like what your hearing, please do leave a comment or rating on the platform you may be listening from. We want to bring you more value-added content and your comments, ratings or likes are great for the benefit for us to continue. We do need your support. Every Patron will help keep the show to continue and for publishing more valuable content. If you would like to support the podcast, in any dollar amount, please do go to www.patreon.com/weldndtqualitygurupodcast. We appreciate all support to the program.
Follow us and subscribe on: